5…CC doesn’t appreciate when people use the Bible to justify selfish motives and hateful thoughts. It’s like someone drank a tall cup of judgment and just spit out some scripture. Not cool. But how do you say that to your friend?
3…Can we discuss this R. Kelly and those leather pants/leggings?
2. CC wonders if you have ever felt it is possible to not be alone soemtimes, but still feel lonely
1. I am alive today to write this…with someone, somewhere alive and well enough to read it..and for that I am thankful
“I thought you were going to tell me that I was an idiot and that’s bullying and I won’t tolerate that”
5. A Blue crab sale at my local fish market was a good thing, all customers were excited….. CC bought a half dozen, all nicely wrapped in a brown paper bag….
4. The transfer from bag to pan did not go as smoothly as hoped, we had a runaway….
3. Coco does not like to be chased by a crab.
2. Slippery little suckers….
1. CC always feels some type of way about this. However, the finished product was delicious! 🍒
CrabbyChique 4 Real
Old Bay, Beer, Sea Salt, 2Tbsp. butter
This is not a typical post. CC is not usually about this Vh1 life. I just tell my stories.
Everyone who knows me understands how much I
loathe can do without most reality TV. I respect creative TV & movies too much. But from the minute I gave in and jumped in the LHHA pool I have been Team Shenelica.
I took my punishment from everyone. Says one reader: “What the hell has she accomplished in all of her 30+ years except steal somebody’s baby daddy, skrip and prostitute.?” But y’all know I can be bougetteaùx. Oh she has issues, but so does CC and its real. I’m not excusing her or me. I have been the fool sometimes 😔 But now you can relate too. Here’s why..
5 … She is hilarious… and usually right
4 … She makes huge mistakes.. but gets right back up
3 … For all jokes and insults people throw at her, she is one of the only true women on that show. (Rasheeda is also… but Rasheeda seems like the man, the masculine in the relationship, Kirk is the feminine. He doesnt seem like he has a say. Which is fine that’s who they are and why they will work once
Mona’s script it ends.)…but…. Jo has been to hell and back. I think deep down she is really private and has been through things no one will ever know about. Trying to elevate, not needing fake friends, she’s just on her path. She been through way too much and has too much to lose.
2 … Take your risks. She doesn’t want to make it alone but she accepts if she has to. Treat your dreams with care. You might lose but it might lead to the very thing you would give your life for.
1 … No matter how much people hated she wouldn’t take her eyes off her prize…even if she fails at being the PR princess. And to boot, will call SJ on his mess in a good way- not easy and I don’t think that’s a camera trick. Part of me feels like he and Mimi just deserve each others miserable selves. But he has a power over her…If she truly loves him she needs him on top of their game otherwise how would he be happy?. Hope she leaves it there. Oh well. Not perfect. Not a role model. Just a woman.
Catch the best recaps here ———-> http://www.realitytea.com/category/love-hip-hop-atlanta/
**Angel Note: CC is guilty of some, not all, of the following. Thank you. **
1 – Keep FB friendships with people we secretly roll eyes at. It’s not that you dislike them but either they need to seriously calm down, or can’t be deleted due to other friendship alliances. However, there are 3 currently that may get the exception boot anyway. And CC is one of the
nice crabs. Sometimes.
2 – Eat mint chocolate chip ice cream/random junk food in the middle of the night
… I am thinking it neither satisfies hunger – or – the reason you ate it to begin with. Ok, one exception. Cheesecake.
3 – Wait to buy a new pack of toilet paper just before the current one runs out. CC, for no reason, gets incredibly excited at a good 12-pack on sale. It’s just small enough to fit in my linen closet, just big enough that I won’t have to buy some for awhile. Then I wait until the last minute. A cycle.
4 – Let yourself be Stifled. Grounded yes, Stifled, nope.
5 – Repeat your parent’s lives. Good or bad, they lived it already. Why can’t we sometimes seem to pick our own? Guilt?
That is all. For now.
Bonus: I really want an Auntie Anne’s pretzel right now.
That is all.
But does it leave you in a lonely place when you think about the costs? Whether it’s in a relationship, in your job, with yourself. You realize you have to give up something valuable to achieve it. And always be ready to walk alone no matter how much it kills you.
So here are CC’s top 5 reasons why honesty is lonely…
5… Honesty leads to judgement. And honestly, who wants that? I like to eat cake for breakfast, would totally go to a Taylor Swift concert, and desire useless things sometimes. So what.
4… Honesty can lead to disappointment of others, when you feel guilt for not living up to their expectations.
3… Honesty is rarely reciprocal…
2… Retaliation and isolation are strong possibilities.
1… Keeping up appearances is simpler.
But then… one day… if you’re lucky…you stop and know that:
Even though the loneliness was an expensive price to pay, you looked up and saw the one or two that stayed with you. Held you. Walked with you. Regardless of whether u believed it or not. Then you realize that’s all you ever needed anyway.
웃 유 CC
SIMH = Sister in my Head…Why?
5. Minnie Ripperton was her mom, Teena Marie was her godmother. How fly?
4. Bridesmaids. CC shall own that dvd the minute it comes out.
3. Her hilarioussssssss ChristinaYonce version of the Star Spangled Banner. See it here.
2. She can laugh at herself. She’s imperfect. Me too.
1. “Maya was in the studio with her mother on the day Minnie recorded “Lovin’ You“. The listener can hear her mother sing “Maya, Maya, Maya” to her daughter near the end of the track. Riperton died on July 12, 1979, at age 31, from breast cancer, just shy of Rudolph’s seventh birthday.”
June 9, 2011 – Lincoln Center – ImageNation led another sold out film even at the Walter Reade theatre last night. The film was Prep School Negro – a documentary about the director’s struggle in attending one of the most prestigious prep schools in the country, having hailed from a lower income neighborhood in Philly.
Director Andre Robert Lee was on hand and introduced the film and led a panel discussion
Phenomenal, but CC will keep it short. Here are 5 gems to inspire Crablings to run to the theater when it’s released:
5. Andre: I need to axe you something
Classmate: If you axe me, then I will bleed.
4. Andre’s discussion with his father on love, abandonment, and pride
3. Kids of all ages describe how they try to “act black” at home yet “act not black” at school
2. Taking friends home when they live in mansions and you…don’t
1. Realizing you weren’t the only one to ever struggle with identity – black, white, or otherwise
5 Reasons to read Jay-Z’s blog
5. Awww. Even Jay is blogging. ..reaching out of his comfort zone. Me likey.
4. The site has variety. Click pic for his interview with Gwynnie Paltrow.
3. This quote:
GP: “Do you feel that as a cultural figure of importance it is part of your responsibility to share what inspires you?”
JZ:“I think it’s every human’s job to inspire others, to feed one another’s senses. Inspiration begets inspiration times infinity. Imagine if the person that was inspired to create the phonograph didn’t share it with the world.”
2. Nice artwork Jay.
1. This tribute to Bey.. Maybe we’ll get some real insight into their love.