SIMH = Sister in my Head…Why?
5. Minnie Ripperton was her mom, Teena Marie was her godmother. How fly?
4. Bridesmaids. CC shall own that dvd the minute it comes out.
3. Her hilarioussssssss ChristinaYonce version of the Star Spangled Banner. See it here.
2. She can laugh at herself. She’s imperfect. Me too.
1. “Maya was in the studio with her mother on the day Minnie recorded “Lovin’ You“. The listener can hear her mother sing “Maya, Maya, Maya” to her daughter near the end of the track. Riperton died on July 12, 1979, at age 31, from breast cancer, just shy of Rudolph’s seventh birthday.”