Metallic Clutch by g.lush
SIMH = Sister in my Head…Why?
5. Minnie Ripperton was her mom, Teena Marie was her godmother. How fly?
4. Bridesmaids. CC shall own that dvd the minute it comes out.
3. Her hilarioussssssss ChristinaYonce version of the Star Spangled Banner. See it here.
2. She can laugh at herself. She’s imperfect. Me too.
1. “Maya was in the studio with her mother on the day Minnie recorded “Lovin’ You“. The listener can hear her mother sing “Maya, Maya, Maya” to her daughter near the end of the track. Riperton died on July 12, 1979, at age 31, from breast cancer, just shy of Rudolph’s seventh birthday.”
One more reason why he’s one of the best newbies
June 9, 2011 – Lincoln Center – ImageNation led another sold out film even at the Walter Reade theatre last night. The film was Prep School Negro – a documentary about the director’s struggle in attending one of the most prestigious prep schools in the country, having hailed from a lower income neighborhood in Philly.
Director Andre Robert Lee was on hand and introduced the film and led a panel discussion
Phenomenal, but CC will keep it short. Here are 5 gems to inspire Crablings to run to the theater when it’s released:
5. Andre: I need to axe you something
Classmate: If you axe me, then I will bleed.
4. Andre’s discussion with his father on love, abandonment, and pride
3. Kids of all ages describe how they try to “act black” at home yet “act not black” at school
2. Taking friends home when they live in mansions and you…don’t
1. Realizing you weren’t the only one to ever struggle with identity – black, white, or otherwise
Fab offer. Hopefully this is how medical care progresses!!!
One Medical Group is a members-only practice run by a team of physicians dedicated to changing the way you think about going the doctor.
Exhibit A: they have an iPhone app to allow members to schedule appointments easily. Here, you won’t spend hours sitting in the waiting room. You’ll be able to renew prescriptions online, often saving you a follow-up visit.
5 Reasons to read Jay-Z’s blog
5. Awww. Even Jay is blogging. ..reaching out of his comfort zone. Me likey.
4. The site has variety. Click pic for his interview with Gwynnie Paltrow.
3. This quote:
GP: “Do you feel that as a cultural figure of importance it is part of your responsibility to share what inspires you?”
JZ:“I think it’s every human’s job to inspire others, to feed one another’s senses. Inspiration begets inspiration times infinity. Imagine if the person that was inspired to create the phonograph didn’t share it with the world.”
2. Nice artwork Jay.
1. This tribute to Bey.. Maybe we’ll get some real insight into their love.